At 11:13 PM 4/27/2009, you wrote:
>It fell on top of the retract gear that I had been storing on the
>floor under the plane which punched a hole through the bottom of the
>fuselge just ahead of the rear spar. There is no damage to the
>longerons or any of the cross members.
>Dene Collett
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think your problem will be more cosmetic than structural.  I have a
hole for my speed brake
actuator in the floor panel just behind the rear spar and on one
flight a foreign object
( my right side removable stick) found it's way to that area.  I
thought I had placed it
in the baggage bay.  It got caught in the actuator and cracked the
floor panel.  I didn't
notice the crack for six months until I did the annual.  I simply
worked some epoxy
in the crack, compressed the crack shut, and let it cure.

You might consider placing some doublers on the existing 5/8 spruce stringers
and making the patch flush with the existing ply skin.  You could even seal
the patch on the exterior with a strip of glass but I really don't think that
would be necessary.

Just a thought.........

Larry Flesner