From: Teate, Stephen <ste...@compositecooling.com>
Subject: KR> History?
To: "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
Date: Friday, May 29, 2009, 3:06 PM

"for being from the country that saved that country from falling to the
Germans?"

I know I shouldn't respond to this but to suggest that the United States
is responsible for saving Great Brittan from the Germans is just wrong.
It was England's "Few" that defeated Hitler's Luftwaffe and without
control of the air Hitler cancel Operation Sea Lion the invasion of
England. In addition, by this time he had already set his sights on his
true prize which was Barbarossa the invasion of the Soviet Union. This
was all done long before the United States was "officially" involved.
Besides the "Few" American pilots that volunteered our involvement
included some surplus ships and supplies for their troops. To even think
that the United States "saved that country" is a gross over
simplification of the final outcome and lacks the respect that the
British soldier so honorably deserves.

Stephen Teate
Paradise, Texas