Hi Netters,
It is surprising to see that some aviators are venturing above 10 000 ft
without oxygen.The effects are insidious and that feel good feeling can lead to
disaster.Reaction varies from day to day per person.I have an old WW 11 A8a
constant flow system in my sailplane,with excellent results.It amazes me that
America could mass produce,in wartime, these beautifully  made oxygen
systems.Bought as surplus they were very inexpensive.I would not fly above 20
000 ft as a diluter demand  pressure system would be better.Even breathing pure
oxygen, high enough, one could fall unconscious in seconds,if there is no
pressure to force it into the lungs.
Best Regards,
Eric,
South Africa.