Hello there I have used both Goof Off and Goo Gone in other applications.
Goof Off is very harsh and in my experiance really likes to melt anything
plastic. Goo Gone is a Citrus based product and is not near as nasty but
seems to work just as well when it comes to removing any sticky residue. I
would definately follow these fellows advise on testing it on something else
first, and would would think Goo Gone is the Product that you would want to
use.
Cheers
James R. Freiberger Sr.

Guys:
  There was a discussion about goof off to remove old protective covering
from a canopy, where can it be obtained?  I have tried Wal-Mart, lowes and
other building suppliers to no avail.
Thanks
IHS
PatS