I have had 2 KR passed by the FAA or DAR with the plate under the Horizontal
Stabilizer.

I think that Christine engines is in Donalds SC.  I bought a VW case from
Pat, many years ago, for  my first KR.  That is when I converted it from an
1835 to a 1915, on his suggestion.  At that time Pat was making 1/2 VW
engines.  He built a foundry out back, behind his shop, where he would cast
the back plate for the engine.  His wife's name was, maybe still is,
Christine, and he had her name molded into that plate.  I thought he had
gotten out of the aero engine business due to his lawyers insistence that he
would lose everything if someone had an issue with one of his engines.

This is what I get when I Google Christine Engines:

Christine Areo Engines
361 Highway 178 S
Donalds, SC 29638
864-379-8677

Maybe I will give him a call and see if he is back in the Aero Engine
business.

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics
See you at the 2009 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Ill
There is a time for building and a time for FLYING and the time for Flying
has begun.
Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC