Earlier today I wrote:

>> So I'm going to volunteer to host it.  Not at my airport (it's short,
>> narrow, and "private", requiring written permission to land), so I'm
>> going to try to do what Dana did...have it somewhere else entirely, with
>> me and some volunteers (hopefully) pulling everything else together to
>> make it happen.   I only have two weeks to pull this together in a
>> fashion that may convince the attendees at this year's Gathering that
>> it'll work, and therefore garner their votes. <<

I'm pleased to announce that Dana Overall has contacted me and volunteered
to host the KR Gathering in 2010 at his home airport, I39 (
http://www.airnav.com/airport/I39 ) in Richmond Kentucky.  I've been there,
and it is a very good alternative, with lots of things going for it, and
just about everything we are looking for, especially the right "guy on the
ground"!  I'll let him expound on it some, but I'm ready to vote for giving
Larry a break and holding it at Dana's place.  He'll still need volunteers
to deal with several areas like hats and shirts, forums, and that sort of
thing, and your vote at this year's Gathering, but I'm very confident that
Dana can pull another nice Gathering together at I39..  My apologies to the
West Coast guys, however...

Thanks Dana!

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net