Dan said:

> "I have searched Steve Bennett's site looking for the recommended oil
Vis"

I think Steve reads the list when he has time so he'll probably respond -
although an email to him would get you an answer quicker.
ifly...@msn.com

When I got it from him, Steve was using NAPA synthetic 10-30 in the 2180
he put on the KR-1½.  I have continued with that oil, although I did go
up a notch to 15-50.  I recently had an oil temp problem that turned out
to be the gauge reading high when nighttime electrics are on (strobes,
beacon, etc.)  But before I figured that out, I went through several
possibilities.

Checking with Steve, he said the 15-50 weight oil does not cool as well
as the 10-30, for the same reason we use a thin liquid in our car
radiators to dissipate heat.  So I changed the oil back to 10-30 . . .
but that didn't help the problem since the oil temps were fine all along.
 But that's something to keep in mind if anyone is running high oil
temps.

There are some VW car guys who are quite fanatical in their belief that
one should only run straight 30 weight in a VW.  I may be wrong, but I
think Rex Taylor was of that persuasion too.

Mike
KSEE

Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTFoYcMSCa1bf12i7scSofcTu54jNuYWLLNgtJwJ1Is405i5a8YyNS/