I didn't notice that the subject of that last message was "Dana Overall", so
I'm reposting it so somebody can actually find this in the archive, although
it's probably there already, come to think of it.  I just don't want anybody
to accuse me of not changing the subject line, which unfortunately I didn't
notice.  I'm sure that's why most people do that too...they don't notice
either.  I'll try to do better in the future though...

Ron Garrison wrote:

> HI, i have a KR2 i am getting ready to fly for the first time and i want
> know what the deflection should be on the allarons ?? i am getting about 1
> 1/2" up and down, that is not very much, i think, it that normal. ???

The plans call for 20 degrees up, 10 degrees up.  If measured at the 7" wide
(root) end of the aileron, that's 2.5" up and 1.25" down.  It sounds like
you're in the neighborhood (3" total, although it should 3.75"), but you
need more up than down. That can be achieved by adjusting cables or pushrods
to move the centering point.   If you are measuring at the 5" end, you need
2.7" of total travel, so you are there.

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com