HI to all and "Thank You" to those at the gathering who signed the card I
received while in the hospital! It lifted my spirits considerably, and thanks
to Larry Flesner for sponsoring the gathering and his offer for help remove the
wreckage from the bean field.

    I am glad to hear that Dan Freeman is doing well and I see he is posting
again. My injuries were minor despite the total loss for my KR. I think all
that wood and foam snapped, crunched and cushioned my impact. I RAN OUT OF GAS
A MILE SHORT OF THE AIRPORT!  What an idiot. Anyway, I hit a row of trees at
the end of the field I was attempting to land in and that caused the plane to
nose over and go straight-in on the other side of the trees. Just bumps and
bruises and five broken ribs. What luck that the AIR LIFE helicopter had just
lifted off and watched me go in, land and rush me to the hospital in ST. Louis.

    This my first post but have been reading posts for over a year. A lot of
good info. Before my crash, I have owned my KR for 22 years. This plane was
finished in 1984 and was plans-built, with stock retracts. I bought it in 1987
from a friend who built it, minus firewall forward. I built and install a 2180
VW. I put over 800 hours on the plane and had very few problems with the plane
or the landing gear. The retracts will work if you keep an eye on the fittings
and latches, although I was planning on converting to the Diehl fixed gear in
the near future. I am now looking around for another KR finished or a project.
The Kr is a great aircraft and just a lot of fun to fly and work with. I never
kept track, but I probably had 200 - 300 hours maintaining and improving my KR
over the years.
For those of you building or considering a KR, GO!! It is well worth it.

Roger Bulla

rbu...@wic.net