From: krnet-bounces+danrh=windstream....@mylist.net
[mailto:krnet-bounces+danrh=windstream....@mylist.net] On Behalf Of smwood
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 11:08 AM
To: kr...@mylist.net
Subject: KR> Re:Intake Manifold on Black Bird

Dan,
Is this the intake manifold that you are looking for?
http://websites.expercraft.com/sidwood/images/8620959324ab16f0f41a6f.jpg
Steve Bennett at Great Plains Aircraft Supply will have the intake manifold
for a VW installation.  Go to http://www.greatplainsas.com/scdirectdrv.html
and scroll to the installation you are seeking.
Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2, 2180 VW, N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net

Therefore, I would be a fool to not do something to change that.  Jim Brewer
has a rear drive VW with almost the same setup as mine, except that he has
room to have a straight run from the intake plenum, to the Ellison, and he
has a very smooth running engine.  I do not have the luxury of that kind of
room on top of the engine, so I am going to have to move it back down to the
underside, as most all others are.

If anyone has a "single tube" to the dual ports, type of intake that they
don't need, I am interested.  The one I really like is the one that AeroVee
puts on their heads, but they won't sell it to you unless you have their
engine, which I think sucks a bit.  I am thinking of chopping up the one
that I have to make a single tube input to the dual port, but that is a lot
of work, and I hate to mess up an intake that a turbo installation could
modify for their use.  ( it started life as a Revmaster turbo intake )

Daniel R. Heath

da...@windstream.net