This forum never ceases to amaze me.  I can observe the damage first
hand, interview
the owner and report exactly what he has told me knowing that he takes at
least
ordinary diligence in his fuel testing, do the repairs in my shop, and
post what
should be some useful information to the group.  Yet there is always
somebody
out there that will tell me I don't know what I'm looking at or that the
owner doesn't
know what he's doing.  It often times makes me wonder why I bother to
post
anything to this forum.

Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 20:17:55 -0800 "Larry Knox" <la...@lebanair.com>
writes:
> Mogas (Clear 92 Octane Unleaded) does not hurt any type of Glass or
Poly
> tanks. We carry and sell Mogas at the rate of several thousand Gal a
Month.
> The people that burn it have every kind of handmade tank you can use
and
> have never had a problem of any kind. The problem is ethanol whether
you
> knew you had it or not. I have used it and stored it for 15 years in
glass
> tanks in my spray business before we purchased this FBO 3 years ago and
> installed it here. We have never had a problem except one tank used by
an
> associate that had ethanol in it for less than a month.
> la...@lebanair.com

> Jeff wrote:
>
> I thought I would write an update to this discussion we had in early
October
> regarding polyester fuel tanks.  Especially since I referenced the
polyester
> tip tanks in the Cherokee 235 and Cherokee 6 aircraft as proof of
success
> using polyester resin for fuel tanks.  This week I have a Cherokee 235
in my
> shop and am rebuilding the tip tanks.  The owner bought the Peterson
Autogas
> STC 5 years ago and has been running Mogas in the these tanks for the
last 5
> years.  The owner also states that he has carefully tested for alcohol
every
> time he has purchased mogas to use in his plane, so these tanks have
never
> been exposed to alcohol.
Save $10 on Flowers and Gifts!
Shop now at www.ftd.com/16714