From: RSmith <rsmith...@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: KR> KR2S project for sale near Albany, NY
To: kr...@mylist.net
Date: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 12:51 PM

Hi guys!  You may not remember me but I went to the KR gathering in Colombia
Tennessee and started this project shortly after that. I am now moving in a
month and have had health problems so I can only get my medical on special
issuance. So....I'm selling my project that I loved so dearly. Hope to find it
a good home with someone who will finish and fly it.

KR2S  Homebuilt Experimental Airplane Project For Sale  12/15/09
Spruce/aircraft ply/fiberglass composite

I have done much of the hard work. Now all you have to do is finish it and fly
it. I am a perfectionist and a skilled builder. This KR has been built to my
high standards so you can feel confident about the craftsmanship. The project
is beautifully constructed so far. I have maintained logbooks and test samples
on this project.  I?m moving and have medical problems so it doesn?t make sense
for me to finish this project. Just looking at what I am selling you may not
realize all the hours and work it took to construct it to this stage. Each
section is  assembled with the correct shape and very tight tolerances. No
warps or misalignments. Everything is straight, true and strong. I have used
T88 epoxy adhesive (considered the best) to construct the spruce/ply and
aeropoxy for the fiberglass surfaces. All double-taper wing spars are
completely assembled . The RR plans have been followed  except for two
modifications. To improve shoulder room. I widened
 the fuselage a little (one inch). And to improve pitch stability, I widened
the horizontal stabilizer (and elevator) by 3 inches per side. Includes a
Dragonfly canopy that is aerodynamically very sleek. Includes many assembled
components. An engine and gear are not included.  Right now I'd like to sell it
as an entire project, but may consider selling off the pieces later.

Here's what I have into it: Complete aircraft spruce/ply kit, T88 $1500, wing
attach fittings $450, hinges,foam, fiberglass,fillers, epoxy, hardware $500,
Canopy, canopy frame, forward deck $700, Plans $240, and lots and lots of
manhours. Total about $3390 in parts alone. Im adding $1000 in labor (a big
bargain). Total asking price is $4390 for the project with many assembled
sections. Reasonable offers will be considered.   Photos available. Email me at
rsmith...@nycap.rr.com for info or photos.  Location is Ballston lake, NY  (20N
of Albany). Tel ?Bob? at 518 8776056

This project now consists of:

Rand Robinson KR2S plans
Rand Robinson KR2S builders instruction book
Complete set of spruce from Wicks (set used to construct sections listed below)
Fuselage near completion with aircraft mahogany plywood
Composite Fiberglass/foam horizontal stabilizer near completion w hinges
Composite fiberglass/foam elevator with carbon-fiber reinforced sharp edges
near  completion w hinges
Composite fiberglass/foam vertical stabilizer near completion
Composite fiberglass/foam rudder
Complete set of (2) fore and aft main box wing spars completed and looking
beautiful and strong.(not yet drilled)
Complete set of (4) outer double tapered wing spars completed (not yet drilled)
Complete set of 16 laser cut, powder coated wing attach fittings
Optical quality, very aerodynamic acrylic canopy (Dragonfly model)
2 fiberglass composite bulkheads (1 for the canopy, one for the aft section)
2 composite canopy frame supports
1 composite fiberglass/foam forward deck
Polyurethane foam, 2 boxes
½ inch urethane foam sheets, 1 box
Polyethylene foam, 1 section
¼ inch aircraft plywood for firewall
1/8 inch aircraft ply for flooring
Radio antenna and coax (for Vstab)
Various aircraft-grade hardware
Leftover mahogany aircraft plywood
Fiberglass cloth in various thicknesses, approx 4 rolls
Carbon fiber reinforcement cloth
An instrument panel template
Loads of printed Krnet helpful hints

And hidden deep inside the main spar is a tiny bird's "feather" to give the
project the right karma.
I think this project is less than 50% completed so you can be the builder.
Email rsmith...@nycap.rr.com

I also have pieces of aircraft steel for wing attach fittings if you want to
make your own. Already cut to width. Make me an offer. Will sell separately
from project.