NetHeads,

It's almost Friday, so maybe this off-topic item will fly.  I talked to my
father tonight, and he told me the Operation Migration folks left his farm at
daybreak this morning, headed for Climax Georgia.  These are the guys who fly
weight shift trikes and play Mother Goose for Whooping Cranes every year in an
effort to reestablish their migratory patterns between Wisconsin and Florida.
This is their second year dropping in there, and those who've seen a picture of
his grass strip will know why...it's surrounded with 125 acres of lakes with
plenty of waterfowl population. See
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/flights/070308132ms.jpg on that.  They set up
their huge pen at the far end of the grass strip in the middle of the picture,
which is where I park my plane when I visit.  For more on this year's flight,
see http://www.operationmigration.org/Field_Journal.html .  "Pike County" is my
father's place.

For some reason I've been really interested in hawks and eagles since visiting
the Hawk Conservancy in Andover England.  I see hawks everywhere now.  I went
to a meeting in Cambridge Maryland earlier this week, and as I was sitting in
the conference room a hawk flew circles outside for about four hours.  I don't
think I got much else out of the meeting...

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com