A retired Col had a design with tubeing in the main spar and a universal joint.
Remove the WAF bolts ( 4 or 8 ), pull outtward, rotate the trailing edge up,
take the tip to the rear,put the leading edge in a cradle at the tail, Virg

--- On Tue, 1/12/10, Robin Russo <patru...@myfairpoint.net> wrote:

From: Robin Russo <patru...@myfairpoint.net>
Subject: Re: KR> Folding Wing Design
To: "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
Date: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 6:37 AM

Phil
I have been using the 8 bolts per wing as called for by RR. I was not aware
that anyone was using a thru bolt and spacer . I have built three KR's and
several other planes the old way and now I am designing my own plane using
some of the KR technology but wish to change all those things that have
nagged me for the past 30 years. I live in North Eastern Vermont (NE USA)and
the weather and lack of hanger space had me taking wings off more than I
cared to do. I am determined that my latest project will have folding wings
that take only minutes to fold.
Pat
PS How did my wifes name Robin get on the mail list?