Fred Johnson wrote:

>I looked at the archives and not much more was said about the stick force
> meter?

Sid Wood brought one to the Gathering, and I flew with it in my plane.  I
don't remember the exact number (maybe Sid does), but I believe is was a
pound or less is all you need to make the plane climb hard, and it's
probably closer to 4-5 pounds on turns.  Stick force on turns is highly
dependent on airspeed...the faster I go, the more force it takes, less so
with elevator.

This sounds like light stick forces, and it probably is, but a couple of
minutes of KR time is all you need to get used to it.  Some folks pick it up
immediately, and some try to treat it like a DC-3 and overcontrol, but I'd
say on average it's a couple of minutes and you're good to go.

Mark Langford
n5...@hiwaay.net
website www.n56ml.com