KR2S  Homebuilt Experimental Airplane Project For Sale
Price Reduced to $2495
Spruce/aircraft ply/fiberglass composite low wing 2 passenger, approx 45%
finished
Robert Smith, Mechanicville, NY  cell 518 8784482. rsmith...@nycap.rr.com
1/17/10

I worked years on this project. The real value to you is the labor I have put
into it.   By buying this half-built project you can save yourself years of
work. Just finish it in half the time and fly it. This KR has been built to my
high standards so you can feel confident about the craftsmanship. The project
is beautifully constructed so far with logbooks and test samples on the
project.  I'm moving and have medical problems so it doesn't make sense for me
to finish this project. You may not realize all the hours and work it takes to
construct to this stage. Each section is  assembled with the correct shape and
tight tolerances. No warps or misalignments. Everything is straight, true and
strong. I used T88 epoxy adhesive (considered the best) to construct the
spruce/ply and aeropoxy w heated cure for the fiberglass surfaces. All
double-taper wing spars are completely assembled (this took lots of work). The
RR plans were followed  except for two modifications: To improve shoulder room,
I widened the fuselage an inch. And to improve pitch stability, I widened the
horizontal stabilizer (and elevator) by 3 inches per side. Includes a Dragonfly
canopy that is aerodynamically very sleek. Includes many assembled components.
An engine and gear are not included. Wing kit is available.

 Here's what I have into it: Complete aircraft spruce/ply kit, T88 $1500, wing
attach fittings $450, hinges,foam, fiberglass,fillers, epoxy, hardware $500,
Canopy w frame, forward deck $700, Plans $240, and lots of manhours worth
thousands.   Valued at $6K w about $3390 in parts alone. Total asking price is
$2495  for the project with many assembled sections. Other reasonable offers
considered. Email me at rsmith...@nycap.rr.com for info or photos.  Location is
6 Bennington Ave, Mechanicville, NY  (N of Albany). Tel “Bob” at 518 5413248 or
cell 8784482.  Photos available on request.

This project consists of:

Rand Robinson KR2S plans
Rand Robinson KR2S builders instruction book
Complete set of spruce from Wicks (set used to construct sections listed below)
Fuselage near completion with aircraft mahogany plywood
Composite Fiberglass/foam horizontal stabilizer near completion w hinges
Composite fiberglass/foam elevator with carbon-fiber reinforced sharp edges
near  completion w hinges
Composite fiberglass/foam vertical stabilizer near completion
Composite fiberglass/foam rudder foamed, needs to be shaped & glassed
Complete set of (2) fore and aft main box wing spars completed
Complete set of (4) outer double tapered wing spars completed
Complete set of 16 laser cut, powder coated wing attach fittings
Optical quality, very aerodynamic acrylic canopy (Dragonfly model)
2 fiberglass composite bulkheads (1 for the canopy, one for the aft section)
composite canopy frame supports
1 composite fiberglass/foam forward deck
Wing ribs cut to shape.
Polyurethane foam
½ inch urethane foam sheets, ¼ urethane foam sheets
Polyethylene foam, 1 section
¼ inch aircraft plywood for firewall
1/8 inch aircraft ply for flooring
Radio antenna and coax (for Vstab)
Various aircraft-grade hardware and T6 alum for motor mounts
Leftover mahogany aircraft plywood
Fiberglass cloth in various thicknesses, approx 4 rolls
Carbon fiber reinforcement cloth
An instrument panel template
Printed Krnet helpful hints
Construction logbook

  • KR> KR2S Project for sale - Price Reduced RSmith