Red Sky at Night, Airman's Delight ... ;-)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Langford" <n5...@hiwaay.net>
To: "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:48 PM
Subject: KR> better than no sunset at all...

Today wasn't a day that most people would think of flying, but I was at the
airport all day replacing the o-ring in my Cleveland brake caliper and
bleeding that side, then practically rebuilt my air compressor at the
hangar,  went on to design a mezzanine for the back of the hangar, then
cleaned up a bit, among other things.  Just before sunset it finally quit
raining, so I took off and did a trip around the pattern, then a 200 mph
pass down the runway (had to holler "YEEEEHAAAAAAH" in the pullup), let my
momentum get me to downwind altitude, and then landed at idle.  Almost a
record short duration for one flight, but on downwind I got a picture that's
as close as anybody in these parts got to the sun
today...http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/sunsets/10012423m.jpg .  You
shoulda been there....

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net