You may remember Ross Evans ( Australia) listed a video of the shimmy he got
when landing.

Well for the first time in 235 hours the same happened to me last week it
was so bad the wheel pant was stuffed before I could stop.

I spoke to Ross to find out if he found a cause, he said the friction
adjustment was not tight enough.

I found my shimmy  was from the oil change I did a week before.  ( please
explain)

When I changed the oil in my VW Type 4 the wind blew some of the draining
oil onto the front wheel pant, which  I cleaned off, But when I removed it
to find the reason, I found some of the oil made it's way into the nose legs
friction pads, this cause the shimmy. I cleaned and washed it all, now all
is WELL.

So just a word of warning to you guys with nose wheels, keep the clean and
tight.

Phil Matheson
SAAA Ch. 20  http://www.saaa20.org/
VH-PKR
Australia

EMAIL:   phillipmathe...@bigpond.com
KR Web Page: www.philskr2.50megs.com

Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:22 AM
Subject: KR> Stickey Stuff Dispenser

Sticky Stuff adjustable resin dispenser for $150.00 plus shipping.

Phil Visconti
Marlborough, MA