thanx I was just curious  and didn't really think thru the hurdles
charles
----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry&Sallie Flesner" <fles...@verizon.net>
To: "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: KR> Questions.....

At 08:51 PM 2/1/2010, you wrote:
>Is the the kr a stable docile airplane? WOuld it make a good
>training airplane or not? Easy to fly?
>Your advice would be greatly appreciated.....
>Charles B
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'll add to the comment or two already made.

Yes, the KR is an "easy to fly" airplane if the pilot is competent in
an aircraft with the flying qualities of a KR.  That being light on
the controls and very maneuverable.

Building a KR and then expecting to get your pilot license in it is
not the route to go unless you can overcome some obstacles.

1. Your KR will need a 40 hour  test phase flown off before you can
carry a passenger. Who will do that?
2.  It will be difficult to find an instructor that will give
instruction in a home built / experimental.
3.  Will your KR , with two on board, have flying qualities suitable
for instruction?
4.  Will your KR have controls set up to be an acceptable trainer?
5.  Insurance? for flight training?

Your best route is build your KR and, when the project is nearing
completion, work on getting your license the normal route.  Find a
flying club or similar to cut cost of training.  Have someone
competent make the first several flights on the KR to insure it is
performing properly.  Get some time in a similar flying aircraft,
check yourself out in the KR, and finish flying off the 40 hours.

The KR is not a "hard to fly" airplane.  In fact, I find it to be one
of the most enjoyable flying airplanes I've flown in 1300+ hours of
flight time.  Any "competent" pilot that knows and respects it's
flying qualities will have no trouble flying a KR.

Good luck..............

Larry Flesner