I said it was pointless to debate this, but I'm going to debate AGAINST
myself.  An analogy that makes carbon fiber less than attractive as
something to wrap an antenna around is this:  If you had a 3' aluminum tube
from an old FM antenna and put a layer of shrink tubing around it to
insulate, and then stuck the 21.3" copper tape to it for one leg of the
dipole, you'd have a reflector that's longer than the element, and that
would be Glenn's "extraneous loss".  You'd have to cut the aluminum antenna
(or carbon fiber shaft as the case may be) to the same length as the copper
tape, and even then there MIGHT be problems, so I'm back to what's been
mentioned several times already (including me), just use something else to
stick your copper tape to and get in the air that much quicker...

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com