From: Jeff York <jeffyor...@yahoo.com>
Subject: KR> wheel pants

Does anyone have some nice detailed pictures of how they did their wheel
pants specific to the main gear. Maybe if you know which completed or under
construction sites on the KRnet lists.
I have started and stopped the completion of my main wheel pant installation
mostly because I do not know if I should or should not constuct a backing
plate assembly on the gear leg side of the installation.
My wheel pants have the gear leg fairing mating assembly and the actual
wheel pants Re: the Tom Crawford assembly on his KR and I once took detailed
pictures of his at Sun N Fun years ago.
Has anyone out there had good luck with just mating the two assemblies via
epoxing nuts to the inside of the pant, and bolting the gear leg fairing to
the pant and associated bolt through on the outside center of the pant to
the axle?
Am I making sense here? Or is it best to build an alum backing plate re: the
Cessna wheel pant type assembly?
My concern is wheel pant flex slash ending up breaking off on landing slash
???

Jeff York
KR2