Rick Human wrote:

> FYI - the Dragonfly is a molded canopy - Todd's is blown - molding usually
> produces better optics and is responsible for the flatter top which yields
> more headroom.

That's what I don't like about the Todd's canopies that I've seen..they are
more bubble like than the Dragonfly.  And as for optical qualities, I don't
know of anyplace on my Dragonfly canopy that isn't perfect.
That also goes for the shape, so I agree completely.  I left one off the
list...the Lancair canopy.  I doubt they're cheap, but Allen Buzza in Perth
has one that he bought damaged (and therefore unusable on a "proper"
Lancair), but he just cut off the bad part and what was left over was
perfect for his KR.  Something else to keep in mind.  Another consideration
is thickness.  The Dragonfly is 2/3 of the thickness of the official KR2S
canopy that RR was selling, which makes the Dragonfly lighter and more
flexible, and therefore easier to bend to different shapes, if that's a
consideration.  Resistance to bird strikes wouldn't be as good though, not
that I worry much about that.  My biggest concern with birds is killing my
prop during takeoff or touch-n-goes.  FYM has a flock that seems to live out
in the middle of the runway.  So far they've been quick enough to get out of
my way.  I sincerely hope their luck continues...

Mark Langford
n5...@hiwaay.net
website www.n56ml.com