I built my tank with the vent taken at the top of the tank going through the
fire wall and angled down to the bottom of that bulkhead. I fixed a small
screen to the foreword facing vent tube to keep stuff out. I never liked a
vented gas cap although the work well. My tank and foreword deck are all one
piece made of carbon fiber, glass, and Kevlar.

Joe
Scappoose Ore.

I am to the point of building a new fuel tank for my new fuselage following
the Oct 09 off airport collision with an earthern berm due to loss of engine
power. NTSB felt the cause was improper fuel tank venting that caused a
vaccuum that beat the gravity feed system.

My question is for someone flying with a gravity ONLY fuel system:  How did
you vent your fuel tank?

Bob Sauer
Sun City West, AZ