Builders,

I have a KR2 boat that I took off Larry Flesner's hands last month.  It was in
his way and he wanted to see it put to some good use, so I was going to saw it
up for the wooden spars and mahogany plywood material.  But it's occured to me
that the best utilization of this thing is to use it as a mockup and go-by for
somebody building a KR2S. There's a lot of ambiguity in the plans that leads to
much head scratching and deliberation, but to have a pre-built boat just
sitting in the corner (or even out in the back yard) would be a big head start
to a builder.  Another very handy function is as a mockup to help the builder
determine how wide  he needs to make his version, how much leg room, panel and
canopy height, and all of those ergonomic details that are difficult to
visualize from thin air.  Mike Sylvester did this, he'd probably agree that it
was useful.

The construction of this boat  is pretty decent, but it's a KR2, not a KR2S.
The stub wings  and tail surfaces are already foamed and covered with a very
rough layer of Dynel, so that's another reason I wouldn't try to reclaim the
thing and finish building it.  The Dynel dates it as about 30 years old. The
center stick is installed and the cables are run, so moving the stick around
results in aileron bellcranks rotating and the elevator moving.  The stick is
an interesting thing incorporating a bearing, and seems to work fine.  From a
hardware standpoint, that's about all that's in this thing.

I should probably post photos of this thing but I'm in a real rush to finish my
plane up, and would rather not spend the time.  And for the purposes of
mockups/go-bys, you shouldn't care what it looks like anyway.  I'd rather
provide some use for this thing to a builder, rather than just saw it up for a
little wood.

It's in Huntsville, Alabama (northeastern corner of the state), and it can be
picked up anytime, the sooner the better.    I brought it down on the back of a
little Ford Explorer, so it doesn't take much of a truck or trailer to move it.
 If nobody claims it in the next two or three weeks, I won't feel bad about
sawing it up for the wood...

Mark Langford
n5...@hiwaay.net
website www.n56ml.com