> MAN!!!!! I got a chance to fly an RV-8 yesterday. It felt as
NATURAL as
> can be, Easy and responsive. I have yet to be able
to fly a KR2. Can
> anyone tell me how the KR compares to the RV
in its flight characteristics?

> Thanks.
> See
y'all at the Gathering!--

> Glenn Martin
> KR2
N1333A

Glenn, having spent some hours in both KRs and RVs I do think you need to take
a couple things into comparison.  The RV is a much heavier airplane than the KR
which gives it a little more stable feel in cruise and rough conditions.  The
pitch in a standard KR-2S is a little lighter, the pitch in a stock KR-2 is
even a little bit more light but both airplanes are finger tip flying
airplanes.  Point them where you want them to go, don't try and coheres either
of these airplanes, they don't need heavy inputs.  From what I have seen the
roll characteristics of these two airplanes is quite different.  Remember, the
airframe of all RV's are built pretty much alike so the flight characteristics
in roll are pretty reliable between airplanes, pitch can be different due to
weight, CG etc.  The RV roll rate is quicker in my experience than a KR,
whatever the reason is, I don't know but the coordination between elevator and
aileron in an RV feel pretty much the same.  You can see a half deflection roll
rate of my RV-7 in this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLWjPt2gpR0

A loop and roll taken from a video camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V11syYF08QI

I know several people on this list have some RV time,ie., Dan, so I'm sure they
will chime in.

Two weeks and counting for the gathering!!!!

Dana Overall

1999 & 2000 National KR Gathering host
Richmond, KY i39

RV-7 slider "Black Magic"