There is an article written by Bob Grimstead about KR2s and specifically about
one he flew that is owned and built by Allen Buzza. The article is a little
bland, as far as building excitement for the KR series in my opinion. This
airplane has the original retract landing gear. It looks pretty good in the
photos that accompany the article.
He did mention that there was some sort of problem with wing attach fittings
and
bolts. His exact words are as follows:  "The KR2's outer wing panels detach,
leaving a short center section (out to just past the main gear legs) integral
with the fuselage. The wing bolts and attach plates can be problem areas, and
the originally specified bolts were not truly big enough, so it pays to be
careful here".
I had no idea that the bolts specified for the wing attachments were
insufficient, maybe that was before my plans which I purchased around 1979 or
80
or maybe this fellow is misinformed. Fair and balanced, you decide!

Larry H.