From: Mark Langford <n5...@hiwaay.net>
To: Corvair engines for homebuilt aircraft <corvaircr...@mylist.net>; KRnet
<kr...@mylist.net>
Cc: Approach Systems <sa...@approach-systems.com>
Sent: Fri, October 15, 2010 7:21:59 PM
Subject: KR> problem with Approach Systems / APIC software folks

NetHeads,

Some of you may remember my comments from a few weeks ago regarding Approach
Systems and their APIC software.  I bought an APIC Pro update from them ten
weeks ago, and have made 10 email attempts to get the "license key" that would
enable me to run it.  Suspecting that maybe my email address was being caught
by
their spam filter, I used my work address also, which rarely sees the internet
world, and therefore is almost certainly not caught as spam.  I,ve tried
calling, but their phone answering system is simply "shunted to ground"...they
say leave a message, but never give you the chance to do so.  A fellow
CorvAircrafter emailed them regarding a future purchase, and he got a reply
from
them a couple of hours later.  Knowing that his email was getting through, I
asked him to forward my message to the president of the company...he did...
still no reply from them (and it's not in MY spam filter either).

So.....I'm pretty sure they just took my money and don't care to bother with
me,
unless they're irritated with me for some other reason.  Admittedly we're only
talking $20 here, but it's the principle of the thing, and I really do like the
sotware and need the update.  I have a much older free version, but it's
outdated.

So this is a warning to those of you considering buying this software that I
wouldn't exactly recommend their tech or sales support, and it sure looks to me
as though they've closed up shop, but left the money-making machine
running...at
buyers' expense!  Perhaps  if several  of you  forwarded  this message to
sa...@approach-systems.com , maybe they'd notice.  I like the software, but I
can't use it without a license key.

Thanks...

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com
Order Confirmation Approach Systems

Mark Langford,
Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order.
Order Number: 4869
Date Ordered: Tuesday 03 August, 2010