From: patrick murry <p_mu...@sbcglobal.net>
To: kr...@mylist.net
Sent: Sat, October 16, 2010 6:41:24 PM
Subject: KR> kr control sensitivity

I have a question regarding the recent discussion about the landing accident
and
where it all went wrong with the slight forward control stick movement.

This seems to be a characteristic of the KR, at least as far as pitch is
concerned and maybe it isn't a problem for experienced or high time pilots but
for those of us considering building one of these cool little machines, would
it
be possible to make it control more like a trainer and then transition the
controls to a sportier version later as the pilot gained experience in the
craft?
Maybe I am being too simplistic having yet to build any plane, but could one
not
use a longer stick and shorten it later, providing there is adequate space in
the cockpit? Maybe there could be a second hole/ pivot lower on the stick to
restrict the amount of input to the elevators and then simply change the stick
to the prescribed location when desired. I haven't read anything to indicate
that roll is too fast although I haven't been a subscriber very long.
Having learned in Warriors,Archers,172's etc.I have to be sceptical of my
ability to drive one of these babys. I currently fly a DA 20 and it was bad
enough to transition to that, being glass and slippery, but it is used as a
trainer so I guess it's nothing like a KR.

 Pat Murry (wingnut)

   Olathe,Ks.