Mark,
I only found it once but the video of a pass at moonport on YouTube really
sells the Corvair. If I didn't already have the O-200 I would be buying a
Corvair.
Victor Taylor

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 18, 2010, at 4:57 PM, "Mark Jones" <flyk...@charter.net> wrote:

On my new engine install done back in March, yesterday I passed the 50 hour
mark on my Roy Szarafinski short block build with his fifth bearing and Falcon
heads. I must say that I am pleased to no end to the performance I have had
with this engine. This is the first time since I made my first flight back in
2005 that I have had a trouble free season of flying. Most of you know my
history with all the engine rebuilds I performed myself so I will not dwell on
that. I would like to say that Roy's fifth bearing is performing perfectly for
what it is intended to do. This engine is smooth to say the least. I recently
made a cross country flight of 1150 miles round trip which has given me total
confidence in my engine. I will no longer hesitate to fly where ever I want.

For you KR builders who have all the queezies about flying a KR thinking that
the plane is too pitch sensitive, don't worry about it. I too was scared to
death the first time I flew my KR but about 10 seconds into the flight, I
realized it flies just like any other plane except you do not have to make
large inputs to control her. On my first flight, she flew herself off the
ground at 70 mph and I just held the stick still and let her climb out. Nothing
to it. Then I tried a couple of turns and that's all it took to get the feel of
flying the KR. This plane flies better than any other plane I have flown and by
far the most fun I have ever flown.

Mark Jones (N886MJ)
Stevens Point, WI
E-mail: flyk...@charter.net