I don't know about the Westach, but the Princeton can be calibrated.  I
think the models start at 2 positions and the advanced has 5 positions.
They sample the level for 60 seconds and report to the gauge in 60 second
intervals, to keep the needle from bouncing around.  The calibration is
"push button", and the lesser expensive models have the calibration on the
end of the probe, outside the tank, and the advanced model has the
electronics with the calibration mounted remotely from the probe.  I will
have an access door near the tip end of my tanks so I can get to the module
for re-calibration if necessary.  This probe could have been mounted from
the root end to the tip end, if I had room to put it there and still be able
to pick up the last of the fuel, which is the most important quantity for me
to know.

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics
See you at the 2011 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN
There is a time for building and it never seems to end.
Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC