Craig, yes they have. Search the archives. Spin recovery with the extra
weight on the tips versus rudder effectiveness, aileron effectiveness in
lifting the tip at low airspeeds and fuel lift from the lower tank in an
unbalanced steep turn are two issues to think hard about. Also if you drop a
wing on landing the tip is the last place you want leaks and sparks. You can
get well over 100 litres in the standard KR tank plus stub tanks and the
inner part of the outer wing between spars. That's 4 to 5 hours flying
depending on your engine size..why go to tip tanks??

John Martindale

29 Jane Circuit

Toormina NSW 2452

AUSTRALIA