Hello :-)

I'm considering building a KR-1, -2, or -2S. I'll be finishing up my plans
built
Sonex over the next few (or several) months and am looking at building a
composite airplane for my next project. I've almost no experience in
fiberglass.

It seems there are precious few KR1's and the stretched 2's are much more
popular than the original shorter version. I prolly wouldn't like the KR1 as
much as the -2 or -2S. Even though most of my flying would be short solos, once
in awhile I'd want the space for a passenger or baggage.

That narrows it to the original vs. stretched 2. From the specs sheets, it
looks
like the 2S is 18" longer with a wingspan that's 2' 4" longer. Chord must be
shorter, cuz the wing area goes only from 80 to 82. It says there's also more
headroom. Cockpit width is unchanged.

I'm 5' 7", so certainly wouldn't need the extra leg room, but extra for baggage
might be nice. And I've read the KR2S isn't as pitch sensitive, which certainly
would appeal to me. Many have widened the cockpit a few inches, which I'd
prolly
consider. If I'm gonna have a 2 seater, it would be nice to have the room. I'd
like to hear the pros and cons of the 2 vs 2S, including any other mods.

I see that NVAero sells parts and kits. ACS doesn't show much except for a
Spruce kit. Wicks lists more kits that are itemized. Is there a bill of
materials somewhere for these planes? If not, then are the Wicks lists accurate?

Thanks,
Dan