Martin Pearce wrote:

>>Doing a W & B I found both to be very similar in weight. A/c #1 (neither
>>yet
have an Au rego) appears to be in good balance and has a small tail down
force when empty in the level attitude. A/C 2 appears to have an aft CG
situation but wants to tip on its nose when level. Only thing I could think
of is main wheel location,<<

You give the impression that the CGs were obtained empty (that's the only
way I could imagine a light weight on the tail or the nose falling over).
Hopefully the CG check was made with the wings on (that moves the CG aft).
My airplane with no fuel in it is very light on the tail with no pilot or
passenger.  If I open the canopy (forward) with no fuel and any kind of
weight on the cowling or the floor (where my laptop sits), it will fall on
it's nose if I have it jacked up into a level position as a starting point.
So that may not be the end of the world for your KRs.

Hopefully you already know this, but what really counts is the CG with no
fuel and a light pilot to define the front of the range, and full fuel,
passengers, and baggage up to gross weight to define the aft limit. See
http://www.n56ml.com/wb/index.html for more on weight and balance, as well
as an example...

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com