From:Mark Langford <m...@n56ml.com>
To:KRnet <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent:Tue, December 28, 2010 5:46:28 AM
Subject:Re: KR> sunsets

Mike Taglieri wrote:

"Some of these pictures are amazing, but the 10/25/10 one looks like you're
flying VFR on top at night (or will be very soon).  If so, how do you get
home, or do you fly IFR?"

Keep in mind that most of my sunset pictures are made only a few minutes
away from my home airport, and with more altitude, the trip back is usually
2-3 minutes.  And like the text under the 13th photo down ("fire in the
hole") on http://www.n56ml.com/sunsets/ explains, quite often it's clear
over the airport but overcast nearby.  So it's pretty easy to climb through
perfectly clear air and on above the edge of the overcast to take pictures
to the west.

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
website www.n56ml.com