Todd wrote:

Anybody out there have anything bad to say about these systems?

Todd,

The one problem I have found with the iFly is on the approach plates.  If
you are going to use the approach plate feature, be aware that the entire
plate does not fit on the screen.  You will have to slew it around to see
the bottom numbers (MDA, DH and such).  If you were going to fly ANY IFR my
recommendation would be to have paper plates in front of you for an approach
you might need to make.  For VFR/IFR high this would be an excellent thing
to have in the plane.

One could argue flying an IFR approach in the KR is not wise, but I would
disagree with that assessment unless icing were a factor.

Other than that, I have a few hours fiddling around with the iFly.  It is a
solid product, and the company, as you said, is planning some very nice
upgrades.  It is viewable in bright sunlight, a very useful feature in the
KR series.  If someone does a lot of flying outside their local patch, this
is a great way to have all the charts available for those cross country
flights.

My opinion.

IHS,

Dave "Zipper" Goodman