Like Rick Human, I too have had my straight KR-2 insured by Falcon Insurance
and
there has never been a question about it.

I might say this about your experience with Falcon and say that maybe you
should
be cautious about the information you spread. You may have gotten some
inaccurate information from one person within the Falcon insurance group that
obviously did not know better than to say Falcon did not insure KR-2 aircraft.
Also be cautious about sharing information regarding flying characteristics of
KR-2 that may be seen as difficult to fly or other negative's in the minds of
flyer's and non flyer's as you may inadvertently influence the insurability of
us that have straight KR2 aircraft. I can just see some unknowing insurance rep
ranting through the channels of an insurance company that they had just talked
to a KR2s pilot who told them how bad a straight KR-2 fly's or how touchy or
pitch sensitive it is and then this information gets to their underwriter who
then reconsiders the insurability of straight KR-2 aircraft and then I loose my
insurance.

I am not trying to start a rant or issue here. I just ask that we use caution
when we get into conversation with insurance reps and other when discussing the
KR-2 vs the KR-2s.

Jeff York
KR-2 (2010 Peoples Choice winner) (Best Interior)
Lexington/Georgetown Scott airport