Larry,
The date change really scrambles my plans.  September 9 & 10 were perfect.  I
was planning on flying my KR-2 to MVN this year.  Now it's like being
weathered-out eight months in advance.  Does not seem to likely now with the
conflicts in my schedule.  What are the possibilities of changing dates to
September 30 & October 1?  Better yet, how about September 23 & 24?  How many
KR types would have a conflct with actually going to the AOPA spam can
happening?

Regards,
Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
smw...@md.metrocast.net

Gathering attendees,

I have been communicating with Chris Collins for the last week or so
about the necessity of changing the date for this years Gathering due
to event conflicts at the Mt.Vernon airport.  Read his e-mail below
for the details.  Bottom line is that the only way to work around the
conflicts is to move our Gathering date back one week to September 16
and 17.  I sincerely hope this date change will not cause anyone to
change their plans to attend the Gathering, especially those planning
to attend from outside the U.S.A.

If anyone has major concerns about this change in dates, please get
back to me at  fles...@frontier.com

I will work with Bob Lee to insure our foreign visitors are contacted.

I will be posting, in the next week or so, a list of volunteers
needed in the areas of judging, awards,  forums, etc.. Also, I have
contacted the Holiday Inn for bookings and that info will be posted
to the Gathering web page in the next few days.  I'll be getting
started on the hats and shirts as soon as my supplier gets back from vacation.

Here we go again !!!! :-)  How many days, Jones???????????????????

Larry Flesner
2011 Gathering Host