Mark L. wrote ?Another key is HOW you do it...you need to sandwich the acrylic
on both sides with
glass to put it in a sort of "double shear" rather than glass on only one
side".... ?snip-

Since I will be attaching my canopy soon I thought a test was in order.
I gouged (very rough) an area in some bead foam and roughed up (very rough!) a
piece of
left over canopy material. Flox was applied to the foam, the canopy material
applied to the flox (no glass)and
carbon fiber was applied to the outside of the canopy material.

Please note that the foam was so rough there was not 100% contact with the
canopy plastic. The
carbon was not completely wetted out. I purposely set up a scenario of failure
to see how well the joint would
hold when not even done properly.

The results are the three last pictures on my photo site. After 24 hours and an
insufficient cure I really had to
struggle to break loose a corner. The carbon fiber separated from the epoxy
(Aeropoxy)  but the epoxy could not be removed
from the canopy plastic!  After a full cure of the epoxy I can honestly say
that, if installed properly, the canopy is not
going to separate in flight! The bond is unbelievable strong!

The key is to roughen the plastic to the point that the epoxy has something to
hold to, just like Mark L. said!

Bob Johnson
Willamina, OR
(971) 645-9491