(THIS IS THE THIRD POST OF THE SAME E-MAIL.  I SENT THE ORIGINAL THIS
MORNING BUT NEVER GOT IT BACK.  I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO MISS AN
OPPORTUNITY. :-) )

With only 210 day left till the 2011 KR Gathering I thought I'd
better get started with the planning.  Several of you have indicated
a willingness to help but I hesitate to appoint anyone to a duty
without them knowing what is involved.  So, I'll post here the areas
of need and the responsibilities and let anyone that is willing to
take on the responsibility for that area step forward.

Forums:
Assume complete responsibility for forums to be conducted to include
acquiring speakers, setting schedule, determine forum subjects, etc.
Minimum number of forums would be two, one on engines and one on
airframe.   Local support provided will be the room and P.A. system.

Awards:
Assume complete responsibility for Gathering awards to include:
securing judges to judge KR's, determine categories, determine
winners based on judging results, design and purchase the awards.  Budget= $225

I currently have a volunteer to do the name tags and help to try to
streamline the registration.  Chris Collins and crew have pretty much
said they will take care of the registration table as in the past but
I'm sure they could use an extra hand or two the days of the Gathering.

I am currently in communications with the Holiday Inn and info should
be coming out soon on that.  At this point I will assume
responsibility for the hats and shirts as well as the banquet.  If
additional needs develop I will ask for additional support.  I will
be available to anyone who volunteers to answer questions and help
you with your plans.

For those of you that have attended past Gathering at Mt.Vernon, you
know what a great facility they have and the great local
support.  Well, it's getting even better this year.  The airport is
in the finishing stages of a new 11,800 square foot hangar, complete
with bathrooms and shower to be used by Gathering campers.  That will
be in addition to facilities already in place.  Chris and crew are
looking forward to the Gathering like kids to Christmas.

It won't be long now.  Start making your plans..................

Thanks..........

Larry Flesner