From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On Behalf Of
Martin Pearce
Sent: Thursday, 24 February 2011 7:19 AM
To: kr...@mylist.net
Subject: KR> Carb heat question

I have a Holley 5225 fitted to the EA81 Subaru motor in the KR2 I am working
on. The aircraft came from Canada.

Question. This engine has an electric carb heat system that heats a pad
fitted between the carby and the manifold. Is this likely to be a good for
preventing carby ice or is it more to vaporize petrol when starting the
engine on a very cold Canada morning? I have never seen a similar system
anywhere before and would appreciate any thoughts ....

Regards

Martin

Martin Pearce

- KR2 with Subaru EA81 + KR2 S with GMH Saturn

- Both in my garage, neither registered or flying in Au ---yet!

rocketdri...@optusnet.com.au