I'm guilty! On the present and last project I did prime and paint my
aluminum parts. In the past I have not and wonder if there is someone out
there cursing me over corroded control horns, brackets, hinges, etc,. This
is a reason to better the plans and not only finish treat your metal parts
but also make them accessible for inspection and repair

> rocketdri...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Just a heads up really for anyone on the list flying an older KR2 ... I
>> have
>> a recently imported 30 yr old aircraft and had a condition report done on
>> Friday. This is where a qualified aircraft engineer comes to have a look
>> as
>> part of the re registration process .....
>> He found three instances of exfoliation corrosion, two on the flap
>> attachments at the base of the fuselage (one on each side) and one on the
>> elevator trim horn.
>>> Although I hadn't seen the flap attachment brackets, when It was pointed
>> out
>> to me, it was obvious, with the aluminium crush plate peeled open in
>> layers,
>> the layers pinched together by the bolts ..........

-l