I've been playing with the idea of ANR's for a long time and about a year
ago decided, when it was time to get a new and better set of headphones,
to take a serious look at the Halos.  It came to my attention via the
AOPA forum that the Halos were having kind of a double sale.  Normal is
$399 and I ended up getting them for $324.

If you take a set of the yellow foam earplugs that we all have and put
them correctly in your ears - that's how quiet the Halos are, since
that's exactly how they work - except you can hear the radio crystal
clear.  And thanks to the very high quality noise suppressing mic, ATC
can hear me, also apparently crystal clear.  I've been asking for a radio
check with the mic at varying distances from my lips.  The response is
always five by five.

There's not much else to them.  Earplugs, mike, and a headband that you
don't even know is on your head it is so light and unobtrusive.  It's
really only there to hold the mic in position.  Although my Peltor's have
the thinnest headband of all the headphones, these new "tubephones" give
me even more clearance between my head and the canopy.  I need all I can
get.

No more clamping pressures from ear cups.  No more pressing my
eyeglass/sunglass stems into my temples.  No more sweaty earpads.

Some say the Halos are just as quiet as the best ANR's.  I'm sure happy
with them.

Mike
KSEE
Groupon&#8482 Official Site