Dene Collett wrote:

>> I like the idea of having the decks removeable but am concerned
with water ingress when the plane stands outside in the rain. Can those with
removeable decks comment on this and how it was overcome please.<<

Both of my decks are removable and I don't believe a single drop of water
has ever made it through that gap.  I didn't go to any huge effort to
prevent a gap, it's just the way I did it doesn't leave a gap. And when you
think about it, the top surface of the top longeron slopes outward slightly
under the forward deck due to the "banana boat" effect, so that would help
shed water anyway.  I guess it also helps that my canopy comes off along
with the front deck (that's the only thing it's attached to, other than the
latches), so there's no extra gap up there due to the removable deck
feature.

If you wanted absolute "monsoon" capabilility, a slight downward overhang of
the glass from the decks could guarantee no water ingress from the side.
Water ingress from above would be due to something other than the removable
feature, but I haven't found that to be a problem.

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
website www.n56ml.com