Hi Joe, Glenn, Patrick and Robin .....

Thank you for your comments  and just to clarify, I didn't mean to justify
slop, quite the opposite.I have wing tip slop on my aircraft and am not
happy with it.

I also believe that, with the standard parallel bolt system, it is not
possible to eliminate all wing tip slop due to the necessary assembly
clearance and the large forces that oppose and perhaps overcome friction
between the WAF blades in flight and during taxiing. We are talking a few
thousandths of an inch movement at the WAF which I'm not sure that you could
discern with paint marks, IMHO. The sure way to discover any loose fit is to
slacken the nuts off and check your wingtip movement. By way of comment, I
can't detect any movement either with the bolts tight, but have play of
several thousandths of an inch at the bolt holes giving me 1 inch of play at
the wing tip when the bolts are loose and friction is not confusing the
issue ....

My goal is to get closer to the perfection of which you speak, if I can,
with an improvement in the design of the WAF area .... and to make my flying
safer!

I'll let everyone know if I come up with a suitable design .....

Cheers
Martin

Martin Pearce
 - KR2 with Subaru EA81 + KR2 S with GMH Saturn
 - Both in my garage, neither registered or flying in Au ---yet!
rocketdri...@optusnet.com.au