I have Diehl skins with built-in glass 10.6 gal. fuel tanks.  Outer wings
weigh 68 pounds each, ready to fly, including outer WAF brackets, AN3 bolts,
aileron, 2.6-pound balance lead, landing light, position & strobe, tie down
bracket, fuel tank vent, fuel gauge sender, quick drain, paint and wing
wiring.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net

I believe that the Diehl are a bit heavier.  I had stock built on my first
KR, and they were about 40# and these are closer to 50.  I would weight them
for you, but they now have a 22# fuel tank in each wing.

Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC

Phil,

Is that he complete wing panel with spars, fittings, paint etc.?

Just trying to get a comparison on my built up wings.

I've always thought I could save some weight if I replaced mine with the Dan
Diehl skins ( vacuum bagged) but haven't been able to confirm how much I
could save.

Thanks Chris Gardiner KR2S- 220 hours total on GPAC VW2180

Thanks. Youre the first person to give me some useful information.
I have wing tanks and Dan Diehl wing skins
 They weigh 50 lbs each.

Phil Matheson
SAAA Ch 37