From: laser...@juno.com
To: kr...@mylist.net
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:35:52 AM
Subject: KR> Aircraft Tax Question

In my negotiations with the County Tax people just south of you I took pictures
of my airplane in a disassembled state and included some early articles from
Kitplanes and other magazines which contained the info that the plane has a VW
engine and can be built for $3000 in materials - you can find all of that
online.  Include the Popular Mechanix cover story with a picture of Ken Rand
and his original KR-1.  Put a nice package of this info together for them -
educate them. They only know RV's and factory builts when it comes to planes so
you have to inform them of just how inexpensive and special the KR is - made
out of styrofoam and plywood.

This is a better route than asking owners what they think their airplanes are
worth.  We all think our planes are worth at least $25K.

Mike