Thank You to all that replied and offered suggestions and thoughts.  I
really appreciate all of the ideas, and they helped me get focused.

The engine is a Revmaster 2100-D-75.
The prop is a Warp Drive 3-blade, non-tapered, 52".

I performed fuel flow tests this morning and arrived at 21.8 GPH
free-flow rate.

In checking total travel of the mixture lever, I discovered that it was
rotating only (roughly) 60 degrees, not the 90-95 degrees per
Revmaster's requirements.  Given this discovery, further checks were halted.

I'm now in the process of locating or fabricating a lever with 3 holes,
total length about 3.5" which can be used to translate 1.5" of cable
travel into 2.5".

Thanks to all for their help!

Dave.