Brian,  I am sure that you can if you want to.  However, I will bet that you
will spend more money and time than you would by putting on a Diehl gear.
And if you did make the mods, when would you have enough confidence in it?
Also, if your gear fails, how much money and time will you lose?

I believe this has been tried several times before, but I don't remember
seeing any at the KR Gathering.

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics
See you at the 2011 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN
There is a time for building and it never seems to end.
Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC