Hey Guys,This is indeed sad. I have long tought about where did many of the KR
planes go that were shown in the past,(sold to someone and hidden away) Then
there are the folks that are out there stilll building that do not have
internet service, may not want it or  may not be comfortable using it. In any
case there are  a number of builders and pilots that are not on this group. If
this group had a charter it certainly would have some wording about promoting
and educating people about the construction and flying of the KR series
aircraft. The way I see it to answer the specfic question is not what can we
learn from this but much more to the point is what can we teach to prevent
this. We promote ourselves by word of mouth and anyone with a little internet
savay can search us out. But there has got to be more that we can do to make
ourselves know.  I am thinking that anyone that has a printed brouchour could
add a line pointing towards KRnet for construction suppport. (Steve G.? may
already be there I didn't look) Maybe it is time to get an article published
about the KR and the up coming 40th aniversary would make a worthy excuse.
Another thing that I do is go see people and give a ride. I do not have anymore
money to do that than anyone else on this list but I certainly think that is
important.
Many of you don't know but I flew hang gliders for 20 years- The sport remained
selfregulating through the efforts of the piolots and  instructors to lower the
accident rates. This means on the small scale of looking over the shoulder of
the next guy. Even asking the simple question "are you sure about that" can
have wide spread results. No one plans on going out and dieing today.
Joe Horton,
Coopersburg, PA.