An in flight adjustable prop is something like an automatic transmission in
a car.  You can better match the takeoff, climb and cruise performance for
your engine and airframe.  It works great on a 215 horsepower T-34B.
However, a KR-2S application may be somewhat unknown.
Down side is the increased weight and complexity plus there is another
control to properly use.  You can also easily destroy an engine with
improper use of the prop pitch control.  Some engines, such as the direct
drive VW, will not long tolerate the heavier weight and gyro loading of a
controllable pitch prop trying to break the crank shaft.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net

What is your experiance about the in flight adjustible prop?
Is it wirth the weight and money? Or should I buy next year(S) a ground
adjustible 3 blade. I planned a 95 HP engine.
Stef

Stef and Ted are building the KR-2S     see
http://www.masttotaalconcept.nl/kr2